Notes - notes.io
Thesis: The 3D Printer, allowing the creation of a physical object from a three-dimensional digital model, is used to produce more useful and economical product in medicine, architecture and industry, which seem to be the most common areas.
I.Positive Effects on Medicine
A. Organ Printing Technology
1. Printing of heart valves, ears, spinal discs, bones (“Global Health Observatory”, n.d.)
2. Shorter operative time (Rozen, Ashton, Stella, Grinsell, 2008)
B. Personalized Medicine
1. 3D printing of tissue constructs using patient’s own stem cells to recreate functional organs (Kalaskar, 2018, February 25)
2. Cells, blood vessels, customized drugs production (Ventola, 2014)
Reference entries for section I :
Global Health Observatory (GHO). Life Expectancy [Internet]. Available from: http://www.who.int/gho/mortality_burden_disease/li.
Rozen WM, Ashton MW, Stella DL, Grinsell D (2008). Establishing the case for CT angiography in the preoperative imaging of abdominal Wall perforators. Microsurgery (2008) 28:306–13.10.1002/micr.20496
Kalaskar D (2018, February 25). 3D Printing In Medicine [e-book]. [Place of publication not identified]: Woodhead Publishing; 2017. Available from: eBook Index, Ipswich, MA. Accessed February 25, 2018.
Ventola CL. (2014). Medical Applications for 3D Printing: Current and Projected Uses. P T [Internet]. 2014;39(10):704–711.
Notes.io is a web-based application for taking notes. You can take your notes and share with others people. If you like taking long notes, notes.io is designed for you. To date, over 8,000,000,000 notes created and continuing...
- * You can take a note from anywhere and any device with internet connection.
- * You can share the notes in social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, instagram etc.).
- * You can quickly share your contents without website, blog and e-mail.
- * You don't need to create any Account to share a note. As you wish you can use quick, easy and best shortened notes with sms, websites, e-mail, or messaging services (WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, Signal).
- * Notes.io has fabulous infrastructure design for a short link and allows you to share the note as an easy and understandable link.
Fast: Notes.io is built for speed and performance. You can take a notes quickly and browse your archive.
Easy: Notes.io doesn’t require installation. Just write and share note!
Short: Notes.io’s url just 8 character. You’ll get shorten link of your note when you want to share. (Ex: notes.io/q )
Free: Notes.io works for 12 years and has been free since the day it was started.
You immediately create your first note and start sharing with the ones you wish. If you want to contact us, you can use the following communication channels;
Email: [email protected]