Online note taking app - Notes.io
Online Note Services - notes.io
Circuits and Energy Flow Part 1
Class/Period: 8th Grade Science
1.The atom is the basic building block of the universe
2. All mater is made from a combination of atoms
3. Matter is any substance has mass and occupies space
4. Matter can exist in any of the three states: solid, liquid, or gas
5. Water, for example, can exist in the form of ice, as a liquid, or as a gas in the form of steam.
6. An element is a substance that cannot be chemically divided into a simpler substance.
7. An atom is the smallest part of an element.
8. The three principle parts of an atom are the electron, neutron, and the proton.
9. Electrons are found in the outer part of an atom and is responsible for bonding and creating molecules.
10. Electrons are negatively charged particles
11. Electrical current is the flow of electrons
12. A current is the flow of electrons in an electrical circuit.
14. Units are measured in Amperes (amps). 1 Amp = 6.24 million trillion electrons moving past one point in one second.
15. Voltage is an electric potential difference between two points on a conducting wire. A force that pushes electric current (electrons).
16. Voltage is measured in volts and come from sources like batteries and electric
Made from a metallic conductor so current can easily pass from one part of the circuit to another
On/Off switch – in open position the circuit is broken so no current flows
On/Off switch – in closed position the circuit is complete and current flows
Supplies the electrical energy to the circuit – the larger terminal on the left is the positive (+) terminal
A battery is more than one cell.
Coverts electrical energy to light.
A safety device which melts to break the circuit if the electrical current flowing through it exceeds a specified value.
Instrument used to measure potential difference.
Instrument used to measure electrical current
Restricts the flow of electrical current can be used to limit the flow of current to a particular component
A device which only allows current to flow in one direction
Converts heat to electrical resistance
Used to control current
Light dependant resistor
Converts light to electrical resistance
Notes.io is a web-based application for taking notes. You can take your notes and share with others people. If you like taking long notes, notes.io is designed for you. To date, over 8,000,000,000 notes created and continuing...
- * You can take a note from anywhere and any device with internet connection.
- * You can share the notes in social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, instagram etc.).
- * You can quickly share your contents without website, blog and e-mail.
- * You don't need to create any Account to share a note. As you wish you can use quick, easy and best shortened notes with sms, websites, e-mail, or messaging services (WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, Signal).
- * Notes.io has fabulous infrastructure design for a short link and allows you to share the note as an easy and understandable link.
Fast: Notes.io is built for speed and performance. You can take a notes quickly and browse your archive.
Easy: Notes.io doesn’t require installation. Just write and share note!
Short: Notes.io’s url just 8 character. You’ll get shorten link of your note when you want to share. (Ex: notes.io/q )
Free: Notes.io works for 12 years and has been free since the day it was started.
You immediately create your first note and start sharing with the ones you wish. If you want to contact us, you can use the following communication channels;
Email: [email protected]