Notes - notes.io
Site clearance and other ground works activities have potential environmental impacts which must be addressed even before any engineering planning is done. Evaluation of the overall ecological effects of clearing and removing vegetation or disturbing other natural features, such as creeks, springs or waterfalls, for the purpose of putting up structures requires thorough study and research to avoid fraud. Furthermore, even if detailed investigation is done, steps must also be taken to minimize any possible environmental impacts of the project on the locality and the general area where it is located.
Here are some of the potential ecological and environmental impacts which must be considered:
1. Surface and groundwork contamination during construction
The release of such substances as oil, methane and other toxic chemicals used in any construction activity may affect the pH or the overall quality of the water and the soil of the immediate site as well as neighboring areas.
2. Potential increase in water run-off into surrounding areas
Ground works and other clearing operations may divert or affect existing waterways such that more run-off might be diverted toward critical areas where residences may be affected or even result in such potential dangers, such as landslides or mudslides.
3. Loss of habitats and flora or migration of fauna from the area
Noise during construction may disturb the feeding and sleeping patterns of fauna and clearing operations might directly lead to destruction of habitats for plants and insects and other animals, particularly mammals and birds. The worst result would be the complete loss of all plant and animal life because of lack of concern for environmental preservation, as most people did in the past.
4. Pollution from surface water runoff during construction
Surface water runoff during construction may also pollute waterways as a result of clearing and construction activities. Rivers, streams and strings may carry loosened topsoil and even chemicals used in operating construction equipment, as well as debris from wastes or materials used during the construction, especially when proper disposal of such chemicals and wastes are not observed.
Concern for the environment requires meticulous study so as to conserve the benefits we derive from having a balanced ecology within human dwelling areas. Frank Owens Contractors has the experience and expertise needed to provide utility services, assuring landowners that sufficient care for the environment is achieved for the sake of future generations.
Notes.io is a web-based application for taking notes. You can take your notes and share with others people. If you like taking long notes, notes.io is designed for you. To date, over 8,000,000,000 notes created and continuing...
- * You can take a note from anywhere and any device with internet connection.
- * You can share the notes in social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, instagram etc.).
- * You can quickly share your contents without website, blog and e-mail.
- * You don't need to create any Account to share a note. As you wish you can use quick, easy and best shortened notes with sms, websites, e-mail, or messaging services (WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, Signal).
- * Notes.io has fabulous infrastructure design for a short link and allows you to share the note as an easy and understandable link.
Fast: Notes.io is built for speed and performance. You can take a notes quickly and browse your archive.
Easy: Notes.io doesn’t require installation. Just write and share note!
Short: Notes.io’s url just 8 character. You’ll get shorten link of your note when you want to share. (Ex: notes.io/q )
Free: Notes.io works for 12 years and has been free since the day it was started.
You immediately create your first note and start sharing with the ones you wish. If you want to contact us, you can use the following communication channels;
Email: [email protected]