Notes - notes.io
Automotive, shipbuilding, chemical , produciton and manufacturing,
-----------Myself and my motivation-----------From Career point perspective ------
- The reason I left Germany was because I wanted to learn about Korean , Japanese and Chinese work culture and wanted to know how business is done this part of the world. I have already worked in Korea for over 4.5 years , i have gained very good insights about the customers in korea and asisan region. how to find new business opportunities in Asian culture . At this point of time i want to leverage that experience and bring it back to Germany.
- Brunel is established player in Europe for different industries and sectors. It is IT service and consulting provider in Germany and one of the largest in Europe. I have also worked with similarly large organizations who have large footprint in the market ( Telecom company like SK C&C, Siemens, Samsung, etc..).I am quite keen on working for such an org. Im sure i can bring a lot to the table and would like to be contribute to its success.
- I have experience of working with global workforce by working in multi-national organizations. T-system is also a large organization with over 10K emloyees, So for me to collaborate and work with people of different nationalities is quite seamless
---------Personal perspective -------
- Having studied and worked in Germany before, I feel very comfortable settling back in
German work environment. I can also speak the language so it makes life a lot easier.
- Me and wife plan to stay in Germany for probably the rest of our lives, we have been married for over 3 years now and we plan to raise a family ..and we plan to do that in Europe
- We both can speak German we she is also quite familiar with German working style and culture so us to fit back in German work culture and environment is quite easy and seamless
- I have very close friends and family members staying in Germany and Austria.. So you know we already have the social circle to rely on.. we are coming into a very known environment.
----------- Experience ---- Project/Product Manager- Automotive- Manufacturing -
- I have over 10.5 years of work experience with most of my experience has been in IT services and System Integration. lets say 80% of experience in Manufacturing Industry and Industrial automation. In different sectors like SOLAR with Solarworld AG, AUTMOTIVE, Electronics, OIL AND ENERGY (SUBSEA EQUIPMENTS) . But mainly in DISCRETE manufacturing . Majority of my experience in MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and MES integration with on Shop-floor and Business layer. Also Equipment integration and business layer integration. Also integration of MES with SCADA systems.
- I have a MESA certification for MES/MOM methodologies – So I consult the production sites and line managers about the “Best practices for MES” according to MESA and ISA-95 standards. At times about SEMI standards SEMI-E54 eg: master data management best practices
- Currently I work as Project and Product Manager for the manufacturing division with Samsung... I handle a team of 15 people ( its a group of multicultural people , distributed in diff geographic locations..). I handle 4 product category of their manufacturing plants.
- Consult the higher management and at CTO level in defining the IT strategies and product roadmap , particularly Manufacturing IT roadmap for next 5-7 years, That is presenting the concepts, business proposals etc.. Working on major strategic deals with our partners internationally(i.e outside korea). which adds value to both the company and customers. eg : Working on a partnership with clients in Middle east for Steel-Iron mills industry. Focusing on Process improvement and optimization, using latest technologies.
- Im responsible for Key account management of for certain customers and partners in Europe and Middle east region. im responsible for handling their contracts, negotiating on SLA's , improving existing product category, adding new products according to the market needs , creating SOW (statement of work), creating RFI and RFP's etc.. Samsung has several products in its portfolio, my job is to see the way to link those products in the same category by using Technology (eg: MDM, EAI, Real Time BI).
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level support for international projects that are running diff.geographic locations, which means also colloborating with diff SME's and different teams in different time zones. travelling on business trips and rollout the products on customers site.
- One my important roles is to expand the samsung portfolio for MES, by looking at new potential industries in different markets like Steel and Rolling Mills, Solar industry and leverage the manufacturing expertise. Typically in Vertical Integration and Production Optimization ( eg : SPC, APC, Predictive maintenance etc..). So this means a lot of cross COLLABORATION with teams like Sales, Operations , Engineering , Infrastructure teams and different SME's (Subject Matter Experts) of different departments like "Engineering", "Sales" in how the product can enter the market, how it competes with different products in the market, "Infrastructure teams", negotiating SLA's , finding the right hardware resources. Communicating with them continuously if there is any change request, change in project plans etc. Typically many SME's are also located in different geographic locations Negotiation with OEM's suppliers, Partners, reviewing the SLA's for our Products deployed on different production sites
- Continuously improving and Evolving the existing products for global markets. To improve our current Manufacturing and Business solutions (MES , PLM and SCM ) and sell them as a unified solution .And migrating the legacy systems which includes Business process consulting, optimization and standardization, - Standardization of process across different production plants to have a maintainable and consistent product.
- 2nd Important role is Bring out new initiatives and develop concepts to use new technology in the manufacturing domain, acreate business proposals and give them to clients for the MES solutions, at Cx0 and VP level (Eg: Cloud based MES , Smart Manufacturing, Virtualization, thin clients , Big data, real time analytics, CEP for faster decision making, BRM , In memory data gird, Business process, ESB, etc .. ), To integrate our systems I started the initiative for Master Data Management
- interface or SPOC between project stakeholders, partners and Project engineering teams. responsible for Product and Product planning , project control ,execution and Monitoring the different stages of where the product has reached and project reporting . Once the project has been signed off, I am responsible to for end-to-end lifecycle of the project and monitoring its progress from the, conceptualization to Requirement elicitation phase, prioritizing the requirements ; Designing the product ; developing the solution ; under strict QA guidelines and then going through different Testing stages with a particular focus on acceptance testing ; creating Product licensing strategies; Finally staging the product and releasing/rollout and deploying this product to different customer locations worldwide. [ Focus is on Cost, Schedule, Customer Satisfaction and Quality] .
- Setting up Create a clear communication channel between stakeholders, clients, partners and Engineering Teams.
- conflict management and at times risk management which includes -(risk assment and risk planning in project planning phase, then risk resolution and risk monitoring in Project implementation phase.. and finally risk reporting in project reporting )
- Defining project guidelines (defining communication channel btween team leaders , Organizing and bringing up the team (which includes hiring people, marshaling resource, setting up MBO's for them, managing work between them and making sure a releasable product is produced ), within the project budget, scoping and timely execution the project.,
- Providing reports and feedback to management about the project progress., the weekly or bi-weekly releases and milestones reached. Create a clear communication channel between stakeholders, clients, partners and Engineering Teams.
- Risk identification and management. How we can mitigate the risks. Trying to accurately measure the number of man hours required to finish a job. Dividing a particular module into features and parts which can be delivered in short time.
Mentoring and Coaching the IT / QA teams about the best practices like (Scrum, Bug tracking system, SVN, testing methodologies etc..)
- Escalation Manager for Shop floor personnel and Line Managers - All escalated issues are funneled through me.
- SDLC /Agile Methodologies - Typically we use MS Project where i create work packages and milestones for every phase within a project. I also use Scrum (agile methodologies) for project management as most of our projects are time-boxed. Also at times Kanban especially in the Operations side.
- Verification of Technical Documentation - releasing and verifying technical (SRS, TRS , Design docs.., RFP, RFI's) documents to Development teams, training manuals, coaching the Maintenance managers in the production line.
- I have worked with several MES vendors like - Siemens Simatic, CamLine, Miracom (Korean), Solaroworld uses Camstar, NanoTrack. I have lead the product development for a in-house MES product from the scratch for Solar Industry.
------- Project Management ----
In cases of not meeting the deadline - We try and mitigate the risks, talk about risks involved in not dilevering the entire promised solution.
- Prioritizing what is "MUST HAVE" and "SHOULD HAVE" for the customers when the receive the product. and dilvering that first. and then other features or requirements which are "COULD HAVE" "NICE TO HAVE",... delivering them in next iterations..
------ Some of my work -----------
- Provide innovative new solutions for our customers using latest technologies to solve their existing problems. (Eg: BigData, virutalization , In memory data grids etc.. )
- Cloud based Saas and IaaS for MES
- Enterprise service bus , SOA , Real Time data anlytics using Open source technologies.
- Real time monitoring of Data centers and Client PC on the shop-floor or in a production plant. Collecting the metrics data or self defined KPI's and storing them , running specific queries on them to finally visualize them on dashboards for production people, higher management , etc. You can get alerts and notification is something goes wrong on the shop floor system and appropirate action can be taken, it supports high availability , security , for rich clients and thin clients, advanced plugin management system (APMS)
- OPC - open platform communications
OPC gets data from Process control devices like PLC, DCS .
Modbus, profibus (protocol )
---------------- Questions Brunel ------------
- So i have seen Brunel website, you have a large portfolio of industries you provides services too., So how is brunel placed, I mean is it purely a recruitment firm ?
-------------- Salary Validation -------------- High 70's
Have over 10 year of experience , majority in MES and Industrial Automation and Process Consulting, in different IT sectors like Automotives, Oil and Energy as Lead MES consultant, Team Leader- Handled teams and projects with over 15 people geographically located.
I can speak 4 languages (English, German, Hindi and Punjabi and Bit of korean )
Bring a lot to the table with MES consluting, New initiatives , Worked with new bleeding edge technologies like Big data, Virtualization , Real Time analytics
--------Integration mechanism --------
- Interface centeric - using EAI tools
use SOA and ESB together or Manufacturing service bus with MDM
- Data centric approach - using ETL model
- Model centric - Using Business Process Management using Business Rules Modelling
SPC - statistical Process control - infrastructure tool for Production control quality in
Notes.io is a web-based application for taking notes. You can take your notes and share with others people. If you like taking long notes, notes.io is designed for you. To date, over 8,000,000,000 notes created and continuing...
- * You can take a note from anywhere and any device with internet connection.
- * You can share the notes in social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, instagram etc.).
- * You can quickly share your contents without website, blog and e-mail.
- * You don't need to create any Account to share a note. As you wish you can use quick, easy and best shortened notes with sms, websites, e-mail, or messaging services (WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, Signal).
- * Notes.io has fabulous infrastructure design for a short link and allows you to share the note as an easy and understandable link.
Fast: Notes.io is built for speed and performance. You can take a notes quickly and browse your archive.
Easy: Notes.io doesn’t require installation. Just write and share note!
Short: Notes.io’s url just 8 character. You’ll get shorten link of your note when you want to share. (Ex: notes.io/q )
Free: Notes.io works for 12 years and has been free since the day it was started.
You immediately create your first note and start sharing with the ones you wish. If you want to contact us, you can use the following communication channels;
Email: [email protected]s.io