Notes - notes.io
A Social Change Agency is a nonprofit public charity, which helps people who want a better life. It was founded in 1985 in Seattle, Washington. The mission of the SFA is to empower people and communities through comprehensive social change strategies. The goal of the agency is to build coalitions of people and institutions that can sustainably address some of the most pressing issues of our time, while at the same time building a base for progressive politics and community organization at large. It is also involved in the study of human dimensions on development and teaches social action research. It advocates the inclusion of people from under-represented groups in all phases of development policymaking.
The organization works on these issues through three principal strategies. First, they provide training and guidance to nonprofits in many aspects of community organizing. Second, they provide information and support to elected officials and legislative staffs working on development issues. Third, they are a trusted advisor to the media and other mass communication outlets in creating a more balanced information-based message for the public about our problems and hopes. Below are some of the specific issues and areas where the SFA excels:
* Educating Nonprofits: the SFA is an excellent source for getting out the word and informing nonprofits and other concerned citizens about our issues. We are experts in providing accurate, reliable, and easy-to-understand information to those who need it most. For example, we helped launch "Cite This" as a tool for bloggers to use when reporting on local politics and social change initiatives. Other bloggers have successfully used "Cite This" to call attention to important issues and encourage others to get involved.
* Audience Education and Outreach: we help craft effective communications that engage and inspire the audience. In the nonprofit world, we are especially focused on delivering powerful communications that make a difference, engage and inspire the audience. For example, we have used a variety of methods and formats to generate constituent feedback, develop branding and marketing strategy, and connect with nonprofits across the country and around the world. A social change agency, therefore, can be an excellent resource for developing and implementing strategic communications and messaging that will reach your target audience and help promote your organization and cause.
* Public Relations and Marketing: As stated earlier, we work with many nonprofit organizations throughout the nation and abroad. We also work at building partnerships through strategic alliances, public relations programs and tactics, and strategic marketing initiatives. As a result, we understand the art and science of engaging and communicating with the public through strategic planning, media relations, advocacy and PR, and other efforts. A social change agency is an excellent provider of this type of public relations and marketing expertise.
* Technology: As technology has evolved and become more vital to nonprofit organizations and causes, we have seen a growing need for trained tech staff who are passionate about social justice and the issues that affect our planet and our future as a society. A tech department is absolutely essential for staying connected and in touch with the times. A tech department should include people who are skilled in engaging and working online, particularly in the areas of social change and online organizing. A tech department should also embrace open sources of knowledge and information, including open source code, web design, open source technology and digital media. In short, the tech department needs to be passionate about social change and have experience developing technology solutions that will benefit nonprofits and other organizations today and in the future.
* Career Opportunities: Tech and art departments are not the only departments that can create a lucrative career with a social change agency. A good tech department has the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of activities. These could include communications, community organizing, fundraising, donor communications, grant writing, policy development and management, and strategic planning. This diversification of interests allows tech staff to develop a set of skills unique to their background and that sets them apart from other career options. Career opportunities for talented black women can also be found in technology, art, finance, marketing, and programming.
All of these career options for talented black women make a great foundation for a social change agency. By making sure it has a diversified set of skills and expertise, the nonprofit and the tech team can become one integrated unit, able to impact nonprofits today and in the future. A social change agency is always looking for game changers. By hiring an experienced tech staff, creating a culture of change, and investing in itself, organizations like The Artful Woman can impact the world for decades to come.
Read More: http://exujing.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=109822
Notes.io is a web-based application for taking notes. You can take your notes and share with others people. If you like taking long notes, notes.io is designed for you. To date, over 8,000,000,000 notes created and continuing...
- * You can take a note from anywhere and any device with internet connection.
- * You can share the notes in social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, instagram etc.).
- * You can quickly share your contents without website, blog and e-mail.
- * You don't need to create any Account to share a note. As you wish you can use quick, easy and best shortened notes with sms, websites, e-mail, or messaging services (WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, Signal).
- * Notes.io has fabulous infrastructure design for a short link and allows you to share the note as an easy and understandable link.
Fast: Notes.io is built for speed and performance. You can take a notes quickly and browse your archive.
Easy: Notes.io doesn’t require installation. Just write and share note!
Short: Notes.io’s url just 8 character. You’ll get shorten link of your note when you want to share. (Ex: notes.io/q )
Free: Notes.io works for 12 years and has been free since the day it was started.
You immediately create your first note and start sharing with the ones you wish. If you want to contact us, you can use the following communication channels;
Email: [email protected]