Notes - notes.io
2: Claudette Colvin was a civil rights activist who refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white passenger before Rosa Parks.
3: Claudette was born September 5th, 1939, in Montgomery, Alabama.
4: Colvin was raised in a poor neighborhood, so she studied harder in school. She got mostly A's in her classes, she wanted to become the president one day.
5: March 2nd, 1955, Claudette was riding home on a city bus after school when the driver told her to give up her seat to a white passenger. She said no, saying, " It's my constitutional right to sit here as much as that lady. I paid my fare." Claudette felt as if she had to stand her ground. She said she felt as if Sojourner Truth was pushing down one shoulder and Harriet Tubman was pushing down the other— saying, " Sit down girl!" She later told the news, " I was glued to my seat!"
6: After she said no to giving up her seat, Claudette was arrested on the charges of disturbing peace, breaking the city’s segregation ordinance, and assaulting policemen.
7: As she sat in jail Colvin was completely terrified. She states, "I was really afraid, because you just didn't know what white people might do at that time,"
Notes.io is a web-based application for taking notes. You can take your notes and share with others people. If you like taking long notes, notes.io is designed for you. To date, over 8,000,000,000 notes created and continuing...
- * You can take a note from anywhere and any device with internet connection.
- * You can share the notes in social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, instagram etc.).
- * You can quickly share your contents without website, blog and e-mail.
- * You don't need to create any Account to share a note. As you wish you can use quick, easy and best shortened notes with sms, websites, e-mail, or messaging services (WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, Signal).
- * Notes.io has fabulous infrastructure design for a short link and allows you to share the note as an easy and understandable link.
Fast: Notes.io is built for speed and performance. You can take a notes quickly and browse your archive.
Easy: Notes.io doesn’t require installation. Just write and share note!
Short: Notes.io’s url just 8 character. You’ll get shorten link of your note when you want to share. (Ex: notes.io/q )
Free: Notes.io works for 12 years and has been free since the day it was started.
You immediately create your first note and start sharing with the ones you wish. If you want to contact us, you can use the following communication channels;
Email: [email protected]