Notes - notes.io
1. “I think either Miles Davis or John Coltrane ------------ my favorite jazz musician,” said Jane. (be)
is [because there's an or between miles and john]
2. The Soft Exosuit and the Rewalk, robotic suits designed to enhance the wearer’s strength and endurance, ------------ developed in part to assist people with mobility challenges. (be)
were [because they are connected by "and" which makes it "were" or "are" and this is past tense so "were"]
3. The band’s first studio album in decades, accompanied by bonus concert tracks, --------------- online on February 7. (debut)
debuts [because album is singular so it needs a singular verb]
4. When someone in Hong Kong ---------------- a business card, you should politely accept it and take it with both hands. (offer)
offers [bc "someone" is a sneaky singular pronoun and "offers" is a singular verb of the rpesent tense]
5. Amy or her assistants from Japan -------------------- to Singapore whenever there is a board meeting. (fly)
flies [because they're connected by "or" and when they're connected you use the singular]
i think its flies because its connected by the word 'or' and when 'or' is used, you need a singular verb
6. Neither of the actors ------------ to earn much money by making this movie, but they are making it anyway because they believe in its message. (expect)
expects [neither is a sneaky singular so it needs a singular verb]
7. No students from those in the cafeteria------------ from nearby schools. (come)
comes [students is a class and that's a collective noun so it needs a singular verb]
8. The planning committee responsible for auspicious projects --------------- every Tuesday. (meet)
meets [committee is collective noun so it takes a singular verb]
9. Nutrient-rich vegetables, including beet greens, watercress, and chard helps reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
help is incorrect because vegetables is plural so the verb needs to be plural
10. Nutrient-rich vegetables, including beet greans, watercress, and chard help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
11. The two speakers at the conference yesterday runs a nonprofit organization focused on providing music education to students in the Albany unified School District.
runs is the error because it said 'two speakers' and thats plural so it would need a plural verb
12. The two speakers at the conference yesterday run a nonprofit organization focused on providing music education to students in the Albany unified School District.
13. This report analyzes how the list of common baby names change over time and what factors contribute to that change.
She's unsure about her answer. After a few minutes, we agreed to come back to this one later.
Edit: the placement of "of" because normally "of" is for a prepositional phrase and that comes between the noun and the verb.
14. This report of a list of common baby names analyzes how these names change overtime and what factors contribute to that change.
15. Drought conditions in an agricultural area often impacts food production. For example, during a dry spell in 2014, stock piles of corn in the United States decreased forty-eight percent between march and June.
"impacts" because "drought conditions" is plural and "impacts" is a singular verb
16. Drought conditions in an agricultural area often impact food production. For example, during a dry spell in 2014, stock piles of corn in the United States decreased forty-eight percent between march and June.
17. Kids picture one
The girl in the santa hat is covered in Christmas decorations
18. Christmas selfie picture one
The girls in addition to the christmas decorations in the back are taking a picture.
19. Pie one
Fifty percent of the pie is left to eat.
20. Presents one
Some of the presents along with the decorations are big.
Notes.io is a web-based application for taking notes. You can take your notes and share with others people. If you like taking long notes, notes.io is designed for you. To date, over 8,000,000,000 notes created and continuing...
- * You can take a note from anywhere and any device with internet connection.
- * You can share the notes in social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, instagram etc.).
- * You can quickly share your contents without website, blog and e-mail.
- * You don't need to create any Account to share a note. As you wish you can use quick, easy and best shortened notes with sms, websites, e-mail, or messaging services (WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, Signal).
- * Notes.io has fabulous infrastructure design for a short link and allows you to share the note as an easy and understandable link.
Fast: Notes.io is built for speed and performance. You can take a notes quickly and browse your archive.
Easy: Notes.io doesn’t require installation. Just write and share note!
Short: Notes.io’s url just 8 character. You’ll get shorten link of your note when you want to share. (Ex: notes.io/q )
Free: Notes.io works for 12 years and has been free since the day it was started.
You immediately create your first note and start sharing with the ones you wish. If you want to contact us, you can use the following communication channels;
Email: [email protected]